Who does not want a six-pack abs? We all do, men and women alike. But not all of us are blessed with fast metabolism and naturally slim body that is easy to tone. Most of the time we have to work extra hard to get rid of flabs and hopefully get a six-pack abs. Getting your dream six-pack abs is not really as hard as you think. There are abs workouts that are easy to follow that can help you tone those muscles, burn the fats and carve that six-pack you have always wanted.
The secret lies in knowing the effective abs workouts that can give you results in a short period of time. So here is a list of abs workouts that are not just effective but also easy to follow and yields fast results.
According to some studies, the bicycle workout is a very effective in turning your flabby belly into a six-pack. It directly targets the stomach and the waist. The bicycle is done by doing the following steps:
- Lie on your back and support your head with your hands.
- Raise your knees towards your chest one at a time then lift off shoulder blades from the floor. Be careful not to pull on your neck while doing so.
- Rotate towards the left when you raise left knee towards your right elbow while keeping the other leg straight.
- Switch and do the same to your left elbow and your right knee.
- Continue the exercise for one to three sets using twelve to sixteen repetitions.
The Captain’s Chair Leg Raise
This workout is considered the second most effective abs workout next to the bicycle. Like the bicycle, it also targets the obliques and the rectus abdominis. This can be done by doing the following:
- Use a rack that can carry your weight that has padded arms that will allow you to hang your legs free.
- Stand with your back pressed against the chair and then hold onto the padded arms to keep your body stable. Contract your abs to raise your legs. Lift your knees towards your chest.
- Do not arch your back or use a momentum to swing your legs.
- Slowly lower your back and repeat the exercise for one to three sets using twelve to sixteen repetitions.
Exercise ball Crunch
This is an effective abs workout because it targets the rectus abdominis. With the exercise ball, your abs will do more work while still involving the whole body to keep your stable all throughout the workout. This workout can be done by doing the following:
- Lie on the ball with your lower back.
- Place your arms behind your head or cross your arms over your chest.
- Lift your upper torso off the ball by contracting your abs and then pull down the bottom of the ribcage towards your hips while keeping the ball stable at all times.
- Lower your back down to your original position and repeat the process for one to three sets using twelve to sixteen repetitions.
Vertical Leg Crunch
This workout also targets the obliques and the rectus abdominis. It is more intense compared to the regular crunch workout since your legs are straight up. This can be done by doing the following steps:
- Lie on your back and extend your legs up straight. Cross your knees while doing this.
- Support your head with your hands by putting your hands behind your head without pulling on the neck.
- Lift off your shoulder blades from the floor by contracting the abs, Do this as if you are thrusting your chest towards your feet.
- Keep your position as stable as possible.
- Lower your back down and repeat for one to three sets using twelve to sixteen repetitions.
Long Arm Crunch
This workout puts a different twist on the traditional floor crunch making the workout more intense and more effective. This workout targets the upper part of the abs and can be done by following these steps:
- Lie on your back and extend your arms straight behind your back. Clasp your hands and keep your arms next to your ears.
- Lift off your shoulder blades from the floor by contracting your abs.
- Keep your arms extended straight without pulling on your neck.
- Lower your back down and repeat the process for one to three sets using twelve to sixteen repetitions.
- Hold a light dumbbell if you want a more challenging and intensive workout for faster results.
This list of abs workouts is listed according to their affectivity based research and studies done by professionals. So choose one that is not just effective but one that is easy for you to follow. For better results, why don’t you try combining two or more of these abs workouts?